Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Total Vertical Challenge: Raising Money for Kids with Cancer

Kayaking may seem selfish at times, but for the next 32 days I'll be kayaking with a whole lot of purpose.
Taking on the Total Vertical Challenge, I am paddling as much as I can possibly manage (while working and carrying out normal life tasks) to descend as many vertical feet as possible and raise money for First Descents. This organization teaches cancer survivors to kayak, a sport that forces an individual to be aggressive and overcome any obstacle.

I am taking on this challenge with 4 other ladies. We are the Femme 45 team and plan to not only descend more feet than all the other female teams, but raise the most money for this incredible organization. By just raising $1,000, our team can send one cancer survivor to a week-long camp through First Descents.
And you can help!
Any donations are welcome. Consider sponsoring me for every foot I descend (I already have 2,665 on Day 5 of the competition!), or just a flat donation. It's EASY!
Just click here to reach the offical Eddyflower TVC Donation site. Don't forget to list me as the competitor that you are sponsoring!
I have set a personal goal to raise $1,000. If my teammates do the same, we could sponsor 5 cancer survivors to learn to congquer their fears in the most unique way possible, through kayaking.
Keep an eye on the standings, updated daily, to see how me and my team are doing. The women's division is at the bottom of the screen
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment