Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Enjoying Asheville

I'm sitting next to my open window with all the benefits of spring blowing right on into my work space. Birds, breeze, sun...the works. Asheville is popping right now. Unfortunately, a week from today I will be driving away from this funky valley. Up and over the Blue Ridge Mountains, I'll have a packed Subaru once again and be on my way North.

Luckily, it is silly to miss Asheville, as I know I'll return soon. Maybe this fall, maybe next spring. Who knows. However, the past few months in the southeast have been the longest amount of time I've spent in this region since I lived in Greenville, SC during elementary school. Experiencing this area as an adult, as a kayaker and as a generally curious person, I will certainly miss many wonderful things. Such as...

  • The Green Narrows
  • West Asheville Yoga
  • Amazing Savings
  • Running at Bent Creek
  • A new coffee shop for every day (still havn't seen over half of them)
  • SO MANY new, awesome friends
  • Intellectual Raft Guide dinner parties
  • The hanging bed
  • The Watauga
  • The Rivergypsies...oh wait, i'll see them all over the states
  • The winding road to Marshall
  • The French Broad (oh yea flatwater training)
  • Live music all the time
  • Orbit video
  • People who want to run/bike/paddle all day with me
  • Costume boxes bigger than my entire closet
  • Porch swing
  • Learning about Gardens with Rose

Plus a lot more.

I'll just have to enjoy the hell out of it all for the next week I guess. Such a hard life.

No comments:

Post a Comment