Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Back to Writing...

Capo dropping into Habitat 67 wave, Montreal, Canada

I must think at least 3 or 4 times a week about how I would just love there to be an extra hour in every day, a writing hour. I would cozy up in my tent, take out my journal or computer and let the dam break. All the revelations about human interactions and travel, stories of perfect days on the river and musings about future schemes and plans would all make their way onto paper, and eventually to this little webpage.

However, sometime we have to put certain parts of our lives on hold. For now, that is writing. I hope this hold will lift as soon as this quarter is over...only another couple weeks. The students will be dropped off at the Nashville airport to head home for a long, relaxing fall break. I will begin 10 days of relaxing, spending time with family and Adam, and reveling in the beauty of the southeastern US (you all must know by now that fall is my favorite color).

The days off will also allow me to renew the habit of writing. Perhaps I can finally tell the stories of my last days in China this summer and the epic river adventures we had. Perhaps I can describe what it is like to drive for 3 days straight to Canada with a group of high school students. Perhaps you will vicariously surf the biggest waves you've ever seen after reading about the Lachine rapids outside of Montreal. And perhaps you will understand how much it meant to me to be able to spend several days with my Ohiopyle family over the past week. Once I'm reaquainted with my love of words, I will be able to keep up with our adventures in Peru, the 2nd quarter destination for World Class.

No comments:

Post a Comment