Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Today I am frustrated and overwhelmed and tired and slightly cranky and confused and just wanting to run away. But you'll have that.

We over the half-way point in the semester and I am entering into material that I am not as well-versed in. Therefore, it takes me longer to prep for each class so that not only do I understand the topic, but that I can also convey this topic to my students. On top of this, we are trying to complete 3 more weeks of class before we leave China, making for several day and a half of classes. Less prep time for Susan. Some days I must opt out of kayaking to complete this, and others my day is just made up of a continual sequence of reading, writing, talking, eating, sitting on bus (reading more), kayaking, planning, eating...and so on. At the end of these days I brush my teeth and a huge smile covers my face as I know all I have left to do is crawl under my comforter and rest. The toy at the bottom of the cereal box.

These days are also exciting because I know it can only get easier. I write down my ideas to make this process easier next time around, I promise myself I will work on this and prepare a better and more interesting class for the next time around. Because I know I am good at this, I just need a bit of time to work out the kinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment